Sunday, August 25, 2013

Green Lakes 50K

Well I did it!  I finished the Green Lakes Ultra Marathon yesterday afternoon with a time of 6 hours and 14 minutes.  It was a 50K race consisting of 4 7.8 mile loops.  I had been a little anxious about the race because I haven't been training nearly as much as I would have liked.


The gear all laid out the night before; I carried 
some of the stuff with me and left the rest as a 
drop bag at the start/finish area for the loops.

I was particularly happy because I was able to score a personal best for the 50K distance.  Back in October, I ran the Can Lake 50K in 6 hours and 21 minutes, so I was able to shave some time off this time around!

Ultra-running is such a transcendental experience; I really want to take the time some entry and fully describe the event and the thoughts running through my head.  Unfortunately, that time is not now with kids making a ruckus right now before bedtime.  So for now, I'll just toss up the before and after pics and call it a post.



5:30 A.M.  Before the race


31 miles later that afternoon

*Lap times:  (I was finisher number 56 out of 98)
Loop 1:      1:27:20     1:27:20
Loop 2:      1:26:59      2:54:18
Loop 3:      1:36:00      4:30 :18
Loop 4:      1:44:26      6:14:44

No comments: