Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Six Years Sealed

Six years ago today Holly and I were sealed in the Palmyra, NY Temple.  It was the day before Holly went into the hospital to get induced for Parker's birth.  Now here we are six years later on the eve of another baby!  It's definitely a fun time to be married, sealed for time and all eternity, and doing well.

Outside the Palmyra Temple after our sealing circa 2007

Holly is out right now at a mommy-meet-up at the cloth diaper shop in town.  I just finished cooking a spaghetti dinner for the boys.  As soon as I finish this post we will be tidying up, get bedtime rolling, and start waiting for Holly to come home.  Since it's our sealing anniversary Holly will bring home some tasty take-out.  And if the baby doesn't come this weekend, we will be going out to eat without the kids...except the one in Holly's belly of course.

Palmyra, NY Temple 

In other news, I wanted to report that I finished reading two books.  The first is Appointment in Samarra by John O'Hara.  I enjoyed it; it made me realize that obstacles can seem insurmountable and may be quite serious, but they are often more your own fears than genuine hazards. Don't do anything drastic in your life without first reflecting on the life of Julian English.

Appointment in Samarra stuffed in Holly's packed birthing bag.
(The gummy bears and Cliff bars are snacks for the champ (me)!)
The second was Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.  I ended up reading this text because every October I get all worked up about the Nobel prize in literature.  Alice Munro of Canada won this year, but Haruki Murakami was rumored to be a sharp contender.  I made it a goal to be in the know regarding the 2014 Nobel Laureate in Literature (which means I will have read at least one or more texts by them by the time they are announce) and a candidate of the supposed shortlist I felt was a good place to start.

Norwegian Wood and Holly's knitting...
I was deeply impressed with Murakami.  It was pleasing to see so many American literary references laced within a Japanese novel from the 1980s.  He clearly has a deep love of American literature and it made me fell guilty because I know jack-squat about Japanese literature.  I think I might try to rectify that. 

Anyway, it's bedtime for the boys.  Peace.


No comments: