Monday, October 14, 2013

26.2 Miles with Pops.

So I missed out on the Canandaguia 50 mile race this past Saturday; I cancelled my entry because it was too risky to be out of town for so long with Holly due any day now.  To make up for it, my dad came up into town and together we hiked 26.2 miles in about 8 hours.  That works out to be about half the 50 mile distance with half the effort involved.  (Which means, I am hoping, next year when I re-register for the race, I should be able to do the whole 50 mile distance with a regular amount of effort.)  It was great to spend time with my dad.  We came back home and ordered pizza and wings for dinner which tasted extremely good after all that hiking.  My dad took some pictures on the trails.  Hopefully I will be able to post them here soon!

In the meantime, just so I have a picture, here is Holly at 37 weeks, four days!



No comments: