Wednesday, January 23, 2013

No E Needed

Parker playing Jenga, a few weeks before he charms
his father  by  writing Anderson without the E.

While I coached at chess club, today Parker wrote out a letter to his family. He wrote, "I love you mom and dad."  He wrote, "I love you Carter."  Then, he wrote, "I love you," and he stopped.  "Dad?" he asked.  "How do you spell Anderson?"  "Stretch it out," I said.  Well he did.  He wrote, "I love you Andrson."  No E needed.

Parker's 1st Love Letter
Afterwards, while I was making a phone call, Parker started running laps around the classroom.  I mean, he was moving fast.  Really booking it.  Even fell down a couple of times, brushed himself off, got back up, and continued his athletics.   I asked him what he was doing.  "Exercising," he said.  "So I can get big."  "I don't know if that's going to help you get big," I said.  Good old Parker just kept running.  "Get healthy, then," he said.  "Like you dad.  You run and you are healthy.  Just like you."  Aw, shucks, kid.  Yup, sport.  Just like me.

No comments: