Saturday, April 27, 2013

Date Night with Dinner and Groucho

Holly and I earned our date night last night.  I say earned because as excellent parents and upstanding citizens we always work hard, so we deserve to play hard, at least play as hard as two folks with 3.4 kids without a baby sitter can do these days.

My unfortunate job to administer
for the past two weeks...
I finished a culmination of two weeks of administering state exams at work and Holly has been busy with her BumGenius Cloth diaper page and putting up with Anderson still climbing onto the dinning room table to swing on the light fixture each half hour.

Holly first went out to a baptism of a child in the ward and then to a Relief Society activity.  I stayed home with the boys and fed them dinner.  Admittedly, as usual, I got caught up in some internet chess games, and when I resurfaced I found the boys upstairs in the playroom laughing in the middle of a pile of toys. We cleaned up (some) and I put them to bed.  Holly came home soon after with dinner for date night.

She brought Fajita Grill nachos for both of us.  We enjoyed those while we watched an episode of You Bet Your Life on Netflix, a game show with Groucho Marx from the 1950s.  We then continued the Groucho Marx theme and watched Duck Soup.  This was when I opened all the other gooides Holly brought, including a bag of shrimp, pistachios, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and some new Canadian Dry 10 Ginger-Ale.


Duck Soup (1933)
We got a kick out of Duck Soup and went to bed.  Holly's favorite line: "We need some of those metal things that go up and down like this?" "Tanks?" "You're welcome."  My favorite line: "I outta join a club and beat you with it."  Classic.


No comments: