Wednesday, May 15, 2013

my beloved. --updated


Dearest Glucose Drink... remember this song I wrote you in 2011?
Hello glucola, my old friend, I've come to drink you up again,

Because a level softly creeping, Left its mark after I was drinking,

And the vision that was planted in my brain,

Still remains, drinking up the glucola.

(to the tune of sound of silence)


This is the ONE thing I DREAD about pregnancy. NOT because of the taste (It's really not as bad as people tell you)... but because I stress about results.

I hold a grudge against this drink and I don't know if anything can ever take that away.
It was this drink that started the cascade events of Parker's birth... a time I wish I could go back and re-live. For my sweet boy. It was the classification of "Boarderline Gestational Diabetic" that sent me into be induced. There was no way they were letting me and my BIG baby get to our Due Date. (Let me remind you- he was 7lb 8oz) So because of that 'diagnosis' I have to take an early screening, and then one again at 28 weeks regardless of the early results. 

Here's a quick recap of past results: 

Parker's Pregnancy:
~28weeks: 1hr- FAIL
3hr- BARELY FAIL


Carter's Pregnancy:
~8weeks: 1hr- FAIL
3hr- PASS

~28weeks: 1hr- FAIL
3hr- PASS

Anderson's Pregnancy:
~9weeks: 1hr- PASS

~26weeks: 1hr- FAIL
3hr- PASS

Well, we meet again.
Baby4's Pregnancy:
16weeks: 1hr- FAIL
3hr- PASS

at 28 weeks I will have to just retake the 3hr. 

No comments: