Wednesday, April 17, 2013

News Flash

On February 14, 2013... we received the best news. Baby4 would be joining our family. I had flashbacks to the Valentine's Day I found out I was pregnant with what would be Parker. :) I was overwhelmed with joy. I am so blessed. I decided that we would wait to call the dr/schedule an appointment until I was about 8-9 weeks and we would tell the world sometime after that.

My first appointment was 03/26/13 ( 9w5d but baby measured 10w). It was supposed to be an internal sono but she couldn't see a thing. My uterus was way too high to see that way. Belly sono it was-- Everything looked great and baby had a strong heartbeat of 170. We decided we would tell family on Easter and luckily it was only a couple more days away.
On 3/30/2013, Easter morning, I told my family by getting these pretty flowers for my mom's Easter table. "Love your 5 Grandbabies" (Parker, Carter, Anderson, Annabelle, and newest baby Steffen)

Mom was shocked.


We posted it to Facebook on April Fool's day while sitting in Cafe Rio. :)

 My next appointment was 04/16/2013 and it was just the first ob visit. Pap, bloodwork, etc.... The PA was trying to find the heartbeat with the doppler (she was way too low) and she sent me for a sono stat.

The sonographer told me last time that my uterus was really high and this time she said "Woah, your uterus is huge! I wouldn't be surprised it your belly measures ahead for the whole pregnancy". As soon as she put the thing on my belly, I saw a wiggly baby... arms and legs flying about. It is amazing how it went from a little gummy bear to a baby in a couple short weeks.

This time baby measured 13w 5d (when my lmp dd I am 12w 5d) so who knows what they will do with my due date. I still think my DD based on lmp should be 10/24/13 but we'll see.

Heartbeat was a strong 158bpm.

No comments: