Saturday, August 22, 2009

date night fun

For date night we made laundry detergent and dryer balls! We have been wanting to do it and keep putting it off. Well last night- we did it!
Supplies for soap: washing soda, baking soda, oxyclean free, and essential oil. measuring cups were to make detergent and measuring spoon for a 'scoop' and a container to put it in.

finished product:

supplies for dryer balls: wool yarn, crochet hook to finish ball, kneehighs to wrap ball, and scissors to cut string

finished product:


Parker LOVES these and is requesting a ball of his own!

(we realized it only took one skein of yarn per ball, so we exhanged a couple for new colors! we plan to make more and proudly display them in our laundry room! =])

2 comments:

Beth MacCallum said...

Any ideas on making wipes? I'm not thinking disposable wipes, I'm thinking reusable wipes that we could wash in with our Bummys. Now that I'm not paying for diapers and I have two kids we are going through tons and tons of wipes I hate paying for them. Your blog looks great, I like the new template and I love your date night plans. Let me know how they work.

Beverly B. said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER!