Sunday, November 2, 2008

what is wrong with some people?

I was at a birthday party this past saturday and there was a mom there with a 5 month old baby girl. A member of this person's family went to take the baby out of the carseat to hold her and when doing so found a baby bottle filled with a dark liquid. Medicine? Pedialyte? Nope! Pepsi.

What on EARTH would make you give your 5 month old Pepsi?! There are so many things that I could have spouted off to the mom and I really had to hold myself back from not ripping her head off! Carbonation, sugar, caffine... there is absolutely no nutritional value or anything to gain from that for adults much less babies!!

Not only was the mom acting like it wasn't a big deal but she stated: "oh she has pepsi all the time". Not to mention her older daughter has visible caries (cavities) on the front teeth!! Think: baby bottle rot. I'm livid.

I'm so incredibly sad that people like her have kids and there are people out there dying to be parents and for whatever reason it's not happening.

I wanted to take that lil baby home. It's just not fair for her.

6 comments:

Beverly B. said...

That is really sad. We don't drink any soda or cola at our house.

Our Ohana said...

oh man, I can't believe this!! That is sooo sad. I would have chewed her face off. It's people like those that should have to take a parenting test, and pass it before becoming parents. Oh, I'm furious!!!!!!

Kristin said...

Holy cow I would be livid! I don't even know what I would say to that mom, but it wouldn't be nice....

Shelby and Brian said...

That truly is disgusting. And I thought it was bad when I saw a 1 year old drinking soda.

Unknown said...

SICK! So sad.

Yeah, I love that NC has early voting. I was going to wait in line tomorrow with Luke but hurt my back so I couldn't have held him and didn't want to lug a stroller. It worked out great that we both went. I heard people are going to camp out overnight to vote. Crazy!

♥The Drake Family♥ said...

was that were i think it was?? i would have FREAKED internally (i would have been to scared to be vocal). i am with you on this one! that is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves (sp)....that's fulton for you though ;) i freak if someone even gives one of my children a sip of their soda let alone "soda in a bottle"......now i am by no means a "perfect parent", but friggen common sense people!! sorry i had to vent a little, lol.