Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Saturday, Sunday, & Tuesday

Super Saturday
Saturday was Gordon B. Hinckley's funeral. Being in NY we were only able to watch it online. I am glad however that it was online and we didn't have to do to the ward building to see it. Why you ask? Because I cried like a baby and I like to do that in the privacy of my own home.

I can't believe he's gone. In my heart I secretly hoped he would live forever. Purely selfish I'm sure. He wanted to be with his beloved again.

When I began investigating the church in october '05 he was my first love. Before I read and have gotten a testimony of the BOM I knew that he was an inspired man. Brian (now my husband) would bring me to the visitors center in Palmyra and I would play with all the touch screens and listen to what he had to say. I loved hearing him speak on marriage and familes. I totally agreed with everything he said.

It is going to be hard for me to see a new president. I know that President Monson is called of God and that he will lead the church. I fully sustain him as a prophet, seer, and revalator. However, I must admit it is going to take me a little bit to gain a testimony of him. I don't think that is bad though... Just like in James we are asked to search our heart to see if these things are true. And, my friends, that is exaclty what I am doing.


Super Sunday
Sunday was the Superbowl! It was the Giants vs Patriots. The patriots had an undefeated season of 18-0. If the Patriots won they would be the second only ever team with a perfect season. The last was the Miami Dolphins in the 1970s. The Giants record was opposite. They were a wild card team. When I was little my cousin liked the Giants. And since I looked up to my cousin - I decided to like them too. They had always been my fave team but I wasn't totally into football. Well, after some amazing plays. The Giants won! Yipee!

Super Tuesday
I have never been much involved in politics until this election. The only other Presidential election I could vote in- everyone knew Bush was going to win and I didn't take the time to research to pick a candidate that I thought was suitable. This year I have been totally involved in the debates and stands on political issues and I have selected my candidate. Mitt Romney. However, it looks like he might not get the nomination. So now I'm emotionally invested and I have to say that I don't like it at all. The other candidates are second in rank compared to him. It's sad that more people don't see that. Plus, how awesome would it be to have revalation from God about our country. It would be awesome.

I know that no matter what the outcome our Country will be okay. (Well, execpt if Huckabee wins and we have no IRS!) He stated and I quote "I can not wait to nail the going out of business sign on the doors of the IRS". He is a nutcase. Please whatever you do- do not vote for him.

Thanks for listening...
until next time-
take care of yourselves.

No comments: