Saturday, May 21, 2011

Boys will be Boys.

By boys- I mean Men, and by Men- I mean Brian. ;)

I had to run to the store and get a gift for a baby shower. I got some other things we needed while I was there. When I got home, Brian thought it would be funny to lay on the couch, eating chips while the kids played upstairs. I always pick on him for not watching the kids how I do... even though he usually does a pretttty good job.

Well, I was putting stuff away, and Parker ran downstairs with pink stuff all over his face.
Mom: What's that?
Parker: (laugh) I dunno!
Parker runs away and up the stairs giggling.
Mom: Oh no! What WAS that? (I ask Brian)
Brian goes upstairs.
Brian: OH NO! BOOOYS!! (dissapointed)

They had climbed on the toliet and gotten down the nail polish tote, opened nail polish bottles everywhere. Spilled on the rug, trampled across the wood floors, sprinkled on the bedspread, and best of all- painted as tribal paint across their foreheads. Surprisingly I didn't freak out.

I knew it was going to be a stressful enough day. I had a (surprise) baby shower for one of my good friends- Crystal. And then I had to leave there early to go to Jalit's Memorial Service. It was a bittersweet day.

When I got home, they had gotten into it again. I had thought Brian put it up higher. Nope, it was in the same spot. Breathe in, breathe out. I asked Brian if they got into it again and he admitted the did. This time it was painted in Carter's hair. Brian didn't want me to yell at him when I got home. He barely escaped the first go 'round. SO, he thought it would be a good idea to CUT it out of his hair. Poor kid looks like he was attacked by a weedwacker. I spared him that photo. Still no mom freak out. Go me.

Here are the pictures for your viewing pleasure. I was trying to get them to sit with Dad so I could get all THREE culprits in one picture. They weren't having it.

No comments: