Saturday, June 7, 2008

owchie

So I turned on the a/c and with the help of my friend DaisyDo we put up curtains to contain the coolness in the living room.
Well Brian walked through the curtain with Parker, and the carseat in the other arm and a part of the curtain fell down. Me, trying to fix it, decided to get onto a chair. Of course its our chairs that are from the antique shoppe and so they are really old. To make a long story short, I stepped down with the wrong foot first, and I toppled onto the ground. My leg instantly started throbbing. Brian, who was making a bottle on the other side of the curtain yelled to see if I was okay. I yelled that I needed ice.
I was feeling okay and even went to the store to get more fans. When I returned my knee started feeling worse. When I went to bed, I couldn't even move it or sleep or anything. So against my will- we went to the ER. (Luckily my insurance I had when I wasn't working- was still active) I have never had pain like that- except for my c-section recovery.
After waiting for a while, and taking excrutaiting (sp?) xrays they said it was a really bad sprain. Rest Ice Compression Elevation oh, and awesome pain meds!
I'm so glad its not broken, but it still hurts a LOT.

Parker Update: He isn't crawling yet but he's loving his veggies and fruits. He has also become quite the roller. He jsut rolls to whatever he wants to get into. So now we really have to watch him. He loves playing with cords. Ugh.

1 comment:

Tiffini said...

Sorry you hurt yourself. I think bad sprains are freaking horrible. Hayden was a really good roller too. I love watching them roll to what they want its so cute.