Friday, October 10, 2008

walking update

Parker can take like 6 steps at a time now. I'm trying to record it on my camera but of course I can't. I have never seen a 1yr old with so much stinkin energy. I should record him in action!!


Question:
How do you get a 1 yr old to stop doing things?
Just a couple examples- Parker wants to pull plugs out of the wall, he rips my glasses off my face (but no one elses), and he pinches me. I just can't get him to stop. I'm seriously at my witts end......

he looks innocent when he's sleeping though, doesn't he?!

^ naptime for parker! he seriously will not sleep without those animals.


^ swinging at the park

3 comments:

Lori said...

I have the same question. I am dealing with this (not plugs but other things) too and have been wondering what people do because Gavin just doesn't seem to understand or care. I don't know which one it is.

Kristin said...

My kids do the same thing. Its just a phase. Everytime he does it (pinch, hit, pulls glasses off, etc) Just very sternly tell him no. If he continues to do it, you can fold his arms, and have him sit on your lap and do a little time out. Do it for like 30 seconds-1 minute. If he gets hysterical, obviously stop haha. It worked with my kids.. it takes a while because their memories aren't all that great. Just tell them that's a No-no.... I hope that helps :S Every kid goes through that... its normal I promise!

♥The Drake Family♥ said...

on ething i learned (i'm no expert), is that when you are teaching your young children not to do something.....its important not to say NO all the time. but instead say "no, we don't do that or we don't pull plugs out of the walls". i read it in a book, forgot which one. but there is something about telling them no all the time, which we are all guilty of :), but it forces them to rebel. so i guess using "we" teaches them that none of us do that bc its wrong. i dont know, when i remember i say it. it does seems to work, but you are at a hard age right now bc they dont understand that well. but they will learn. honestly i think age 2 is the hardest! so hold on :) lol. tyler is in his 2 year old funk right now. but 3 seems to get alot better! just work with parker and try to explain things to him and he will eventually he will lear with repition and older age. hope that helps! (remember i am NOT an expert, lol).