Tuesday, December 2, 2008

just wait

So, *certain* people keep telling and asking me: "Oh just wait til you have two kids. It's soooooo hard." "why are you having your kids so close together?" but all I hear is {blah blah blah}....

I think it's all about your attitude and expectations. You can't expect your kids to do exactly what you want, when you want them to. Their naptimes might not be exact, their play styles might be different- one might like to read and the other likes to interact....

I personally think that when I have 2 kids, it's gonna work out great. Parker really enjoys other kids and already helps me out!... Parker can pick up his toys and he really knows what I'm saying. So if I say "naptime parker!" he walks into his room. I am really blessed to have such a great kid!

This week I'm helping out a friend and watching her son. He is a little over 1 1/2. So, lemme guess you think it's like having twins. Well, its not. They are nothing alike really. They get along great and Ty is an absolutely great kid. But, they are different. Ty doesn't eat bits of food so he has to be spoon fed, and Parker like to feed himself. Ty takes 1 afternoon nap and Parker takes 2 naps. It's only normal to assume that I'm ripping my hair out. Well, sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not!!!

I have been critizied and asked how I have so much time to check my email, respond to posts, etc. Well, my computer is always on and alerts me when I have a new email. It takes 2 seconds to respond.

When Tyler got here, we all played for a bit, and then around 7:45 I made breakfast for everyone. Parker had scrambled eggs and Tyler had applesauce and cereal. After we got all cleaned up from breakfast (wiping up the kiddos and doing the dishes) we all played a little more until Parker was ready for his morning nap. So Parker went down for his morning nap and Ty and I played!! When Parker woke up - I made lunch for the 3 of us... and then shortly after lunch Tyler went down for his nap!
As I type this, Tyler is napping and Parker is playing. That's right! Now, Parker and I will play. I don't know why people stress to have their kids on the same napping schedule. It's really not that big of a deal to have one taking a nap at a time. Well, that is unless you want to take a nap. And then my advice to you would be to go to bed earlier!!

Now, I realize that not every kid is the same (obviously) and there are exceptions to every rule. I'm just simply stating the more flexible you are, {i believe} the happier your life will be!

I think I have a talent in taking care of kids. And no, I do not want to go into childcare!!
Now, for your viewing pleasure:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might be a little biased here, but personally I think the boy with the red overalls is adorable!